effectan impression (especially one that is artificial or contrived)
effectan outward appearanceSynoniemen: impression
effecttijd waarop iets begint
(of a law) having legal validitySynoniemen: force
effecta symptom caused by an illness or a drug
to effectact so as to bring into existence
- What's the side effect?
- The medicine took effect.
- Benefits are in effect.
- Small cause, great effect.
- The effect was immediate.
- She cried for effect.
- The medicine had no effect.
- Can we effect a compromise?
- That won't have an effect.
- Every cause produces more than one effect.